I found this gorgeous technique on Splitcoaststampers and just had to give it a try! It's snowing like crazy today, so it's the perfect day to post this snowflake card. The boys were hoping for a snow day, but no such luck. It didn't start snowing early enough:-)
Here's a quick set of instructions for the Magic Snowflake Technique:
1. Use your embossing buddy on your glossy card stock to remove static (and finger prints!)
2. Stamp image using white craft ink.
3. Emboss image using white embossing powder.
4. Saturate a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and apply a few drops of two different colors of re-inker. I used two drops of each of the following: Night of Navy and Brocade Blue.
5. Pounce these colors on top of your embossed image, rotating the cotton ball to distribute the color. Your snowflakes will "disappear" under the ink.
6. Using your heat gun, emboss the paper one more time. Your snowflakes will magically reappear as the rubbing alcohol evaporates.
What a fun technique!! You can find great directions on SCS in the resources section.
Have a great day! I'll be staying inside all toasty and warm:-)
- Stamps: Heard from the Heart, Winter Post
- Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Glossy White
- Ink: Craft White, Re inkers - Night of Navy and Brocade Blue
- Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy
- Non-SU: Rubbing Alcohol